OUR LATEST COVID UPDATE: Lobbies are open, starting Monday, June 22 during limited hours or by appointment. Click for more information about how we’re keeping our clients and employees safe.
Personal Banking FAQs
Find answers to the most commonly asked questions by navigating to the correct topic below.
To open a personal account you will need:
- A social security number
- A valid picture identification including one of the following:
- Driver’s License
- State ID
- Military ID
- Alien ID Card (non-US persons)
- Passport and Visa or I94 card
- A physical address and mailing address
- A current telephone number
- The minimum opening deposit
Home Federal is required by law to obtain verification of your identity and any co-applicants prior to opening any accounts.
Your routing number may be found on the bottom of your checks.
Home Federal’s Routing Number is 291270050
Check Deposits are made available to you on the first business day following the date that we receive your deposit. Cash and electronic deposits are made available on the same day we receive your deposit.
Home Federal Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays. Our earliest business day cutoff time is 4:30 PM. Deposits made after 4:30 PM will not be considered “received” until our next open business day.
In the case of large checks, questionable account history, or questionable negotiable instruments, a portion of your funds may not be available to you on the first business day following the date we receive your deposit. If this is the case, we will notify you of the delay in your ability to receive funds. You will be provided with the expected fund release date. Typically, the funds are released no later than the seventh business day after the date we receive your deposit.
No. Obtaining a low interest rate is certainly a benefit, but it is not the only thing you should consider when choosing your home loan and lender. Other items that should be considered are:
The overall cost of your loan – Consider the annual percentage rate, loan fees, discounts, and origination points.
The financial strength of your lender – Is the loan officer committed to your best interests? Do they deliver what they promised? What is their representation in the community?
You will often find that the best home loan is one that combines a lower (not necessarily the lowest) rate, reasonable cost, and excellent financial strength.
To explore your options, contact our Mortgage Team.
The following items may be required to complete your mortgage loan request with Home Federal. Minimum requirements for all files are listed in bold. Additional items may be required depending on the circumstances of your file.
- Most recent two (2) pay-stubs for each job on your application
- Last two (2) years' W-2 for each job on your application
- First two (2) pages of last two (2) years of your personal Federal Tax Returns
- Last two (2) years full personal Federal Tax Returns (1040s and all schedules and attachments)
- Last two (2) years Federal Corporate or Partnership Tax Returns (the complete returns including all pages and K1s)
- Last two (2) months’ bank statements for all bank accounts included on your application (must be actual statements that include all pages and not generic statements printed from internet online banking accounts)
- Most recent statements for each 401k and/or retirement account included on your application (include all pages of statements)
- Copy of driver’s license for each applicant
- Name and phone number for homeowners insurance agent
- Divorce decree, legal separation, and/or child support agreement (if applicable)
- Name, address, phone number for current or past landlord (if applicable)
- Signed purchase agreement for the property you are purchasing
- Signed purchase agreement for the property you are selling (if applicable)
- Closing Disclosure from sale of existing home (if applicable)
- Gift letter, copy of check, copy of deposit slip (if applicable)
- Bankruptcy discharge documents (if applicable)
- Letter of explanation for any adverse credit, collections, judgments, foreclosures, or bankruptcy (if applicable)
- Letter of explanation for any credit inquiries on credit report (if applicable)
- Application deposit in the amount of $500.00
Pre-paying your mortgage shortens the term of your loan, which in turn may save you thousands of dollars in interest. If you can’t afford to make extra payments, try rounding your monthly payment up to the nearest $100.00.
Be sure to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of pre-paying your mortgage vs. paying off other debts. If your credit card interest rate is higher than your mortgage interest rate for example, it makes more sense to pay down the credit card first, eliminating the higher-interest debt.
Debit & ATM Cards
You may change your PIN at any Home Federal ATM or by calling 1.800.992.3808.
A new debit card will be sent to you 45 days prior to your current card expiring.
Non-Business Clients may enroll for online banking here. You will need your account number and social security number to register.
Business Clients may enroll by contacting your business banker, or by calling Home Federal’s Cash Management Department at 1.888.269.0170.
If you've forgotten your password but remember your user ID, simply click on "Forgot Password" near the login area in the top right corner of this page and follow the prompts in the popup window to reset your password.
For other scenarios in which resetting your password is required, visit our password page.
If you've forgotten your user ID, you will need to contact your local Home Federal branch. They will provide your User ID via email to the address we have on file for your account. (You will need a login for our secure email service in order to retrieve this message. If you don't have a login, instructions on how to create one will be provided in the email from your local branch.)
Personal Banking clients already enrolled in online banking may sign up for e-Statements within the Options menu of the online banking homepage. Personal Banking clients not yet enrolled in online banking may sign up for e-Statements during the online banking enrollment process.
Transactions from your current and previous statement cycles are displayed first and older transactions, up to 30 months, may be viewed by accessing the more transactions link or via the documents link for e-statements.
Do you have more questions? Contact your local personal banking expert.