Helpful Financial Calculator Tools You Need In 2018
THE BEST ONLINE FINANCIAL CALCULATOR TOOLS
If you plan on making a major purchase, or if you have decided to establish a debt repayment plan, one of the best places to start is with a financial calculator tool.
There are some great financial calculator tools out there on the internet (as well as some not-so-great ones), so let's start with a word of caution: find a tool that does not require that you input your contact information. (FYI: None of Home Federal's calculators do!) If you have to provide your contact information, it’s not a helpful tool for you, but rather a sales/lead generation tool for the company providing this service.
If you’ve never used a financial calculator, it’s time you start! They are extremely helpful in planning and allow you to take strategic action rather than impulse action. Not only that, they’re fun to use!
At Home Federal, we spent a great deal of time on the financial calculators page of our new website and worked with our internal team to determine what would be most useful to our clients and the general public. Our tools are extremely simple to use, we do not require you to enter any personal information, and the data entered does not get stored or submitted to any banker internally.
They are simply available for you to use - no strings attached.
If you're new to using calculators, here's a short list of how you can use these tools:
6 WAYS TO USE HOME FEDERAL FINANCIAL CALCULATORS
- Find out how much your payment will be and so much more with our Mortgage Calculator. Play around with it and see how you can adjust the outcomes. For instance, on the Mortgage Calculator, you can enter more money or less in the “money down” field or vary the interest rate field. To learn what the current interest rate is click here: Current Mortgage Interest Rate.
- Want to know if you should rent or buy? A Rent vs Buy Calculator compares the cost of renting versus the real cost of buying a home. This calculator takes into account items such as renter’s insurance, closing costs, investment rate of return, even real estate commissions.
- When purchasing a car, you may want to decide if a Home Equity Loan is a better option. Use the Auto Loan vs Home Equity Loan for a Car Purchase Calculator to help you make this decision.
- Discover how long it would take to Pay Off a Current Debt or Credit Card Calculator. This calculator is a great way to start on a debt repayment plan, but we want you to always feel free to reach out to a member of our personal banking team for help in this important area. They love to answer questions and always say, “no question is too small!”
- Avoid digging out of the student loan debt pit just by employing a little savings strategy. Learn how much you need to save for college with the How Much Do I Need to Save For College Calculator.
- Have a savings goal? The How Much to Save Each Month Calculator will determine how much you need to put away each month to attain your goals.
LOAN CALCULATOR CATALOG
Take charge of your financial planning today. These calculators are a great way to start and if you prefer to talk to someone, that’s fine, too! Remember, no question is too small. Reach out to a member of our personal banking team today for a complimentary review of your financial goals.
In the meantime, check out our full catalog of financial calculators:
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
- How long will it take to pay off my credit card?
- How much do I need to save for college?
- How much will I need to save for a major purchase?
- How much can I afford to borrow?
- How long will it take to pay off my loan?
- How much will my loan payments be?
- Is an Auto Loan or Home Equity Loan best for purchasing a car?
- How soon can I eliminate my debts?