If your employer offers a high deductible health plan, a Home Federal Health Savings Account (HSA) may be a great way to save for qualified medical expenses while taking advantage of certain tax benefits. You own and control the money in your HSA account, which enables you to pay for current health expenses while saving for additional qualified medical expenses on a tax-free basis.
You are eligible for a Health Savings Account if:
- Your employer has signed up for Health Savings Account access.
- You are under 65 years of age.
- You have a high deductible health plan.
- You are not covered by another health plan.
You may use Health Savings account funds on all medical, dental (including braces), vision, and hearing aid expenses. Access is easy with a free Home Federal HSA debit card. Use your HSA debit card at any Home Federal, Kwik Trip, or Kwik Star ATM. This interest bearing account also qualifies for:
- Free online & mobile banking
- Free access to CardValet
- Free e-Statements
- Free standard Bill Pay service
- Free notary service