OUR LATEST COVID UPDATE: Our Lobbies are open during limited hours or by appointment. Click for more information about how we're keeping our clients and employees safe.
RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD
Your password is the single-most important component of keeping your online banking secure. Because of this, we require the frequent resetting of your password to safeguard your online access to your account(s).
Resetting a Forgotten Password
Forgot your password? No problem! Simply click on "Forgot Password" below the login area found in the top right of this page and follow the prompts on the popup window to reset your password.
If you've forgotten your User ID as well, you will need to call your local branch. Your User ID will then be provided by email to the address we have on file for your account. You will need to create a login for our secure email service in order to retrieve this message – instructions on how to do so will be provided in the email from your local branch.
Other Ways to Reset Your Password
A specific way to reset your password is required in the following scenarios:
- If an incorrect password is entered three times in a row, you will be automatically locked out of your account. In this instance, you will need to call one of our bankers to unlock your account and reset your password.
- If you have not logged into your personal banking account via online banking or the Home Federal mobile banking app for more than 6 months, you will need to re-enroll in online banking.
- If you have not logged in to your business banking account via online banking or the Home Federal mobile banking app for more than 18 months, you will need to re-enroll by contacting your local branch.
- If you want to change your password at any time, simply log into online banking on your desktop or smartphone and select "Manage Settings > Login & Password > Change Password" from the menu.
When resetting or changing your password, the following requirements must be met.
Your password must...
- Be at least 8 characters long.
- Be no more than 16 characters long.
- Contain a minimum of 1 number(s).
- Contain a minimum of 1 lowercase character.
- Contain a minimum of 1 uppercase character.
- Not be the same as your last 3 passwords.
NOTE: After resetting your password, you'll be asked if you want to register your device. Choose to "Register the Device" if using a trusted computer, tablet, or phone. If you're using a public, work, or shared device, it is recommended that you do not register the device. When accessing your account(s) on an unregistered device, you will be asked for a secure access code (provided to you via phone or email on account) each time you log in.