UPDATE: Effective Wednesday March 25, 2020, we are closing lobby access at ALL of our branch locations until further notice. We will continue to operate via drive-up services and appointments during regular business hours. Read More
Health Savings Account
If your employer offers a high deductible health plan, a Home Federal Health Savings Account (HSA) may be a great way to save for qualified medical expenses* while taking advantage of certain tax benefits. You determine how much you want to deposit into your HSA annually, up to the IRS maximum limit. Best of all, you still own and control the funds in your account. The difference between a traditional checking or savings account and your HSA is that your contributions will come out of your paycheck pre-tax and there is a limit on how much you can contribute annually.**
You are eligible for a Health Savings Account if:
- You are covered under a high deductible health plan (HDHP).
- You have no other health coverage. (Restrictions may apply)
- You aren’t enrolled in Medicare.
- You can’t be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s prior-year tax return.
Health Savings Account funds can be used towards any qualified medical or dental expense, such as:
- Acupuncture & Chiropractic Care
- Birth Control & Pregnancy Tests
- Braces & Dental Exams
- Eye Exams & Eyeglasses
- Hearing Aids
- Insurance Premiums & Hospital Services
- Prescription Medication
Access is easy with a free Home Federal HSA debit card. Use your HSA debit card at any Home Federal, Kwik Trip, or Kwik Star ATM. With a Home Federal HSA, you get:
- Free Home Federal HSA debit card
- Free online & mobile banking
- Free e-Statements
- Free standard Bill Pay service
- Free notary service
- Plus, no monthly service fee!
*Restrictions may apply. Search for “Publication 502” on IRS.gov to find a full list of qualified expenses.
**For contribution limits and other restrictions, visit IRS.gov/pub969